Njaba Village in Damboa local government has come under attack by the Islamic sect, Boko Haram in the early hours of Thursday, when the Insurgents slaughter 74 men and 20 children who were said to have refused to join the sect when they arrive the village to recruit more men to fight what they have declared a Holy War on Nigerian government.
There was no official confirmation from either the police or the military authorities on the claims by both residents of Damboa and Chibok where over 200 school girls were abducted early last year.
According to a reporter who spoke with security operatives in Maiduguri, on the attack gathered that, some of the insurgents who escaped and led by a Commander Sidi Babangida also known as Abu Sid, who has been on the wanted list of security operatives was said to have attempted taking Damboa town on two occasion but failed and has been recruiting more fighters for the sect in and around Damboa and Gujba local government in both Borno and Yobe state.
A security source, who is not authorised to speak to the press said that they received the news of the attack this morning where it said, 74 men and 20 children have been killed for refusing to join the Boko Haram fighters but added that, there was no official report on that as security operatives have been detailed to Damboa General area to authenticate the claim by locals in the area.
“Most at times when reports like this come to us it turns out to be true because the locals naturally told security operatives of happenings around them. They have been very helpful. There was a report earlier by some local traders that they saw the sect members holding a meeting after they had been dislodged from Gujba . Damboa is next to Gujba along Yobe And Borno border so it may be true but try and speak with the Commissioner he may oblige you more on that.” He said.
Effort was made to reach the Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Gideon Jibril on his phone the line, but was busy and when this reporter visited the police headquarters in Maiduguri for confirmation both the PPRO and Police Commissioner were said not to be on sit .
Posted from WordPress for Android